Objective: Create an inspiring and solid impression in terms of audiovisual effects and presentation detail.
Objective: Fully document Kobo Deluxe, targeting players as well as students, developers and hardcore enthusiasts.
Objective: Make the gameplay perfectly smooth and lethally addictive, and eliminate annoying misfeatures and pointless obstacles.
Objective: Have all graphics look polished and functional, and have everything harmonize.
No date set
Objective: Ensure that the build system is reliable and easy to use, and provide tools and files needed to build nice distribution packages.
Objective: Ensure that all engine code is solid and reliable, and that there is no unused, untested and potentially broken code hanging around.
Objective: Create an interesting and inspiring atmosphere for the game. The songs should be original and strong, giving the game a musical identity, though the background tracks must not distract the player from the game.
Objective: Bring Kobo Deluxe closer to the state of the art of 2D gaming in terms of engine features and performance, without ruining support for low end hardware.
- Support for widely available accelerated rendering APIs
- Smoother and more accurate rendering
- More advanced video effects
- Higher quality scaling to high resolutions
- Faster and better sound engine
- Proper support for various input devices
Objective: Properly support all viable video, audio and other subsystems, and behave well with regard to the operating system and other applications.
- Proper rendering and correct aspect ratio in any resolution
- Reliably support a wide range of video and audio backends and configurations
- Make use of hardware acceleration, retrace sync, frame rate throttling etc, to maximize performance without unnecessary system stress
- Maximum scalability; play well on minimal hardware, while providing a massive, smooth experience on high end hardware